The digital display of a functional library is called Library Management System. It is an automated and organized method of performing all the functions of the library. It includes checking the available books to issuing fine for late return books. A library Management system can be a standalone application for a library, or it can be used as a module in Educational Management Solution. SISAR CAMS EMS has a powerful Library Management System which can be used as standalone software or it can be used with other modules like Events, Calendar, Transport etc.
- Importance of Library Management System
- Features of the Library Management System
1. Importance of Library Management System
Libraries play an important role in educational industry. It is considered as the brain of an educational institute. A proper Library Management System provides a complete solution for teachers, students and librarian. It helps in maintaining of books issued and the books available in library. This helps the readers to search for a book without visiting the library. Students and staff can reserve the book from anywhere using the web or mobile application. Easy notification and reporting make it easy for librarian to manage issuing and returning of books easy. To make it easier for all the users, the book is arranged by book name, ISBN, author etc. All the functions are taking place using the barcode. With the help of barcode, Librarian can keep track of different records such as:
- Issue Date
- Return Date
- Number of books issued
- Number of books available
- Calculation of fine on the individual book
Barcodes make sure about the quick and defect less operation of adding and issuing books. With the help of real time notification system, librarian can notify book issue, book return. This system makes the students to keep themselves up to date regarding the book issued to them as well as checking the book available in the library. In addition to this, SISAR CAMS EMS has event module using which librarian can invite students for some special events in library. As this works on online portal, students and teachers can access the library management system from anywhere using mobile application or web.
Library management system enables institution’s administrators to keep an eye on the functioning of library. The librarian and administrator can get the detailed report of all the functioning of library from stock till the issue of the library. An effective Library Management System enhances the efficiency of the library. This also reduces the time and effort of the librarian. SISAR CAMS EMS integrated with Library Management System is one of the efficient ERP software that requires minimal time to implement and set easy to set up.
2. Features of Library Management System
Library management system offers many features which make the functioning of the library easy and fast. Some key features of a library management system are discussed further in detail below:
1.Issue and return details:
The library management system can track all the issued books and keeps the record of returned book and renewal details of the books. Since all the process works on the barcode, this makes easy for the users to reserve or return book easily.
2. Barcode Integration:
All the books in the library are attached with barcode and its detail is fed into the Library Management System. This barcode is integrated into the library management system making the tracking of books easier and ensuring the smooth interface of the library with the library management system.
3. Tracking of book:
It is important for the librarian to track the issued book and for students to check the availability of the book. The library management system tracks the status of the book using the barcode integration as mentioned above. Since it’s an online portal, students also can check the availability of books using web or app and reserve the book without visiting the library.
Librarian or administrator can generate the reports from the online portal. This helps to understand the overall functioning of the library.
Here is the some of the features of Library Management System which SISAR CAMS EMS offers:
- Keep a record of different categories like; Books, Journals, Newspapers, Magazines, etc.
- Classification of books.
- Add new books using the barcode.
- Keep a record of complete information of a book like; Book name, Author name, Publisher’s name, Date/ Year of publication, Cost of the book, Book purchasing date/ Bill No.
- Reserve book online.
- Easy way to return the book.
- Different criteria for searching a book.
- Different kind of reports like; total no. of books, no. of issued books, no. of journals, etc.
- Reports to find a number of books are issued to a student.
- Easy way to track the status of a book.
- Event calendar for the librarian to remember their dates.
- Online access for a registered user to see the status of their books.
- Completely Cloud-based Library Management System.
- No need to invest heavily on Hardware.